Monday, August 25, 2008

Truckee Travels

Okay...so clearly I haven't blogged in a while judging from this sideways photo. I'm just going to leave it because I don't have the time to see if I can fix it.

I seem to have neglected our June adventures in San Diego and birthday celebrations for the kiddos, but I will post more about them later. For now enjoy the first of many posts over the next several days.

So, in July our little crowd headed up to Truckee to see Auntie Mo and Uncle Mikey. We love them! Adventure Girl thinks they have an awesome place to live because the river is within walking distance and the park is, too. This photo is from the car show that was going on while we were there. This is Adventure Girl's favorite car...purple with flames. (Where did she come from?)

We walked down to the river on the path from the house and the kids put their feet in after the short hike. They can't wait until they're big enough to float down the river in boats or tubes...neither can Mommy and Daddy.
One day we went to Lake Tahoe and rented this fun paddle boat. The kids thought they had really hit the jackpot.
The greatest part is that they can both touch the bottom of the lake at this beach probably until about 50 yards out. It was great fun because Adventure Girl could jump off the boat and swim.
This was only the beginning of our adventures in the month of July...more to come later. Let's just say that there is fun to be had when Daddy has six weeks off and can relax with us!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah for a new post! Looks like they had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss them already....but the pics help a lot. L, g-mommy

mrs schienbein said...

oy...can I just say how good Michael and Mel look with a pair of kids on their laps? (wink)