Finally, Adventuring Seals, is making its debut. It has not been without some headache, but overall it is with great joy I bring you our family blog. It is quite a long story how it has started, but let's just say that some wandering seals we know have inspired us. As they wander around the United States, we realized that we, too should chronicle our adventures. Thus, the west coast seals blog was born.
The name is in honor of our daughter, nicknamed Adventure Girl earlier this summer. She loves to travel and explore, but when she ventured onto a twenty foot high platform via ladder to tackle a zipline, we knew the name was fitting. Her little brother is no less of an adventurer. He has been known to climb a ladder, some stairs, or even a rock wall following his brave sister. Mostly, though, he is into driving whatever steering wheel he is given. Some may ask if they inherited this sense of adventure. Really, I don't know. We do like a good adventure now and again, but I don't think we would have ziplined at three. Or, maybe, we just weren't given the chance.
The fatherly one seeks adventure in sound equipment, high school discipline, and our family. I, on the other hand, am currently planning our next trip, learning to blog, and keeping busy with a myriad of things. Together we tackle this life we have been given, because marriage is a great way to be molded into the person you were destined to be.
These seals adventure because this amazing life we have been given is a blessing to enjoy.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so happy to finally comment!! I have a funny story about adventure girl and it happened without mommy or daddy around, so it is really true that she is an adventure girl and not something mom and dad are making up! On the teddy bear ride at the fair in Indiana, miss adventure girl leans over and says to me in kind of a whisper, "I like fast things." It was so adorable. And since the ride we were on was extremely slow I think she was trying to tell me how bored she was. Hang on mom and dad, I think you are in for a wild ride!!
Post a Comment