Monday, April 13, 2009

Maren

So after a month without a post, I am finally putting up some pictures for those of you who have been begging. My most sincere apologies for neglecting to let you see the little faces that run around our house. At any rate, here is a bit of Maren with some siblings to follow.

Last week in Houston she had her first rice cereal. Really it was kind of uneventful. She didn't make a mess or cry or squinch her nose or anything. Last night we did it again and she did well. I think she's ready for this food stuff. Then maybe Mommy can be away for more than a couple hours. Bottles are not her friend, but maybe the spoon will be.

Turns out she also loves the bath. She used to hate the water in her face, but I guess Texas brings out the best of her. She sat in the kitchen sink forever and was even comfortable enough to poop in the water. Oh yes. A cleaning of the sink and second bath were in order. She loves the sprayer, too.

Usually Camden is the only one who can get a smile out of her with any regularity, but here was one I snapped up at Camden's school about a month ago. She was happy to be riding around like a big kid.
So her newest tricks are eating, sitting up, and taking it all in. She's a bit quiet like Camden was, not a screaming junior high girl like Gavin was at this point. It's funny that we have ended up with two quiet girls and a babbling boy...the opposite of Mommy and Daddy.

4 comments:

Grammommy said...

What a great surprise to see the new pics this morning! She is such a cutie and so easy to join in whatever is going on...she loves her brother and sister...but Mommy is still the hands down favorite! We had such a good time when you were here, but I have to admit...I was pooped! Can hardly wait to see them again in May.

Christine said...

Wow! Maren definitely looks like her Mama!

Sally said...

I agree w/ Christine!!

Melinda said...

She really does look soooo much like her mommy.