Well, this is a beach with rocks and a place with cool ocean animals. If ever you wander to Monterey, check out the aquarium.
There is a touch pool. My nephew was fascinated by the drain which is the ball he has chosen to touch. It was quite funny. There are shells and sea stars of various kinds, but the drain was a hit.
Little G, of course, enjoyed the water. This is an abalone shell, but he really like the sea stars.
We found a clam full of kiddos. I'm sure they will turn into pearls someday. (Doesn't that involve time and pressure inside the shell or something?) We saw their current value and took them home that day.
I think the highlight was watching the sea otters during feeding time. We had "front row seats" up against the glass and the cute little creatures kept swimming by. Little G was fixed for the entire feeding. Big C also took a seat on a knee to see them on shore above the water. God clearly had fun in mind when he created the sea otter!
I personally enjoyed the company and watching my nephew with my kiddos. I'll post more on that later. Let's just say that when east meets west in this family, fun will abound.
2 comments:
Hello Katie! Wow, occasionally I click through links because I'm bored and I was astonished when you were actually "still adventuring". Glad to see you're back on the blog bandwagon! Keep it up.
I don't think your posts are boring, but if you want me to make you a header, I will. I just need a picture and a vision. I'm not super fancy, but I have some digital scrapping stuff I can use.
Swing by my blog and let me know.
"we saw their current value and took them home that day." Ha! And how funny is that, here are all of these great and beautiful things, what do you find most facinating? Oh, the drain.
We had so much fun with you guys! Can't wait till next month!
Post a Comment