Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween

Our church, The Bridge, takes a family camping trip every October. This year the last weekend fell on the actual day of Halloween. The festivities are always the same, regardless. Families carve pumpkins after lunch. The above photo is the evidence of this year's contribution from the kids. Gavin wanted a G. Camden carved her very own face. Cool, huh?
Adventure Girl is never afraid to get dirty. Well, sometimes she surprises us and won't do something, but generally she is all about whatever adventure is staring her down. Her pumpkin was carved by her own hands!

This little giraffe loved his "G". Yes, there is a candle lit inside the pumpkin he is holding. Yes, it is a bit heavy. Yes, this was daddy's idea. In his defense, Gavin held it proudly and didn't do anything to make his mommy squirm.

Our little tiger was a hit. She rocked the costume crawling and everything. Good thing it's washable! I want to dig out the pictures of Gavin wearing the costume and compare their little faces. Actually, I should compare giraffes, too. That is for another day.
Here is the zookeeper and her little giraffe and tiger. I love that she is willing to go with the flow and costume according to the family plan. She is already giving me ideas for next year. We will see. Someone once said that we should be The Incredibles. Um...no. We will not be wearing spandex anytime soon. How about never. Plus, this mommy and daddy don't usually dress up. We will have to see.

Okay, so the posts are going in backwards order. I think that will work for a while. If I post often, I can catch up before Thanksgiving. Speaking of which, today I am thankful for a clean office. We emptied the whole thing this weekend and purged the stuff we didn't need. It was refreshing and now I can move on to the next thing.

1 comment:

Grammommy said...

More, more, more! I'm lovin' it!