Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Month Old Gingersnaps

Sometime in December I measured the dry ingredients for gingersnaps. There the two bowls sat for a month. I knew I would get to it. So, yesterday I finally did. I was in a baking/cooking mood. I put squash in to bake for soup. Washed some yummy beets to roast. Then, I let G help with the cookies.
I showed him how to scoop and he used the hand mixer. I suppose I was feeling brave for some reason. Amazingly he didn't really make a mess. He did great! M slept in the bouncer and we had a great time.
This dough was so yummy. The recipe calls for orange zest and we used zest from our satsumas from the farmers. It is delicious...you can even taste it in the finished product. Awesome, I tell you. After our hard work (thank goodness for the double oven, with convection) we were ready to venture outside.
G wanted to ride the the park, so we did. I had to keep up with his FAST pedals carrying M in bjorn. She seemed to enjoy it and G definitely did!


G is partial to the tunnel slide, but pictures are difficult in the darkness of the tube, not to mention the baby strapped to one's body.



Then, in hopes of a nap we headed home. I thought surely he would crash. No, no he didn't. He rested on the bed for maybe twenty minutes and then said, "I'm done, Mommy." Oh. Well. Okay. (Then, he slept in the car when we went to go get his sister from school. Couldn't life be just a bit more as we plan? I mean, I took him to the park for heaven's sake! God seems to be building my patience since it needs work.)


Have a great day!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet Mommy. If you are really good (blogs every day!), I will give you my putting- G-down-for-a-nap recipe ;0). I miss our naps together....;0(. Love all of you. That little M is such a trouper. Glad to see your weather is so nice, but your brother could really use some serious SNOW.

Amy said...

What a fun day! We need to come over sometime and go to the park with G. Hudson would love it!

Melinda said...

I am loving M's chubby cheeks! and you've inspired me to make some soup.